As we enjoy the beautiful sunshine of August, we know that the school buses are lining up for September!
Here are 5 tips for the beginning of the new school year:
1. Start your schedule ahead of time - Start getting up and going to bed as if school has already started. Kids will have much more energy when it's time for the real thing.
2. Start a new first day tradition - The first day of a new school year marks a milestone for kids and parents. Celebrate the day with a special breakfast, or a first-day photo.
3. Agree with your child on a designated homework spot, which is free of distractions. Set up a convenient spot to store supplies and projects-in-progress.
4. This is a great time to go through your child's wardrobe and clear out anything that is too small. Donate useable items to charity and make room for bulkier winter clothes.
5. Post your family calendar in a central location where everyone can see it. Looking at the calendar not only keeps everyone in sync, but it builds reading and math skills for young children.
If your school plans include buying or selling a home, call Karma today! 609-851-4844.